Here are images of a number of common lower body stretching exercises. This is by no means an exhaustive list of stretches, however it is a large selection, which illustrates good form. Incorporating these stretches on a regular basis can aid in injury prevention as well as overall performance. If you like these stretches, you can find upper body stretches by clicking here.
Top 5 Commandments of Stretching
5. Stretch in a quite, comfortable place in order to allow you muscles to relax and optimize each stretch
4. Warm up for 5-10 minutes on a bike or treadmill before you start stretching
3. Breathe deep and exhale while stretching to allow total body relaxation
2. Practice stretching consistently at least 3 times/week
1. Hold a stretch for 45-60 seconds to allow yourself a chance to overcome the stretch reflex
Hip Flexor Stretch
Adductor/Inner Thigh Stretch
Hamstring Stretch – Single Lead and Double Leg
Low Back/Hip Stretch
Image Coming Soon!